27 October 2007

A few random pics......

(and, as per usual, click on the pic you want to see for a larger image)











Shadows on the Oregon Coast



Views from McCarren......Las Vegas, September 2007 -







.





The simulacra of New York City.....faux Manhattan












Stratosphere Tower and Downtown Las Vegas












Unimpressive vista from my Boulder Highway hotel room, looking North



Denver.......October 2007 -

Watched my Rox sweep Philly live at Coors in three. Took a couple pics.....

As usual, rode my skooter to PDX for my flight to DIA.




Something caught my eye.....




Now, usually, there's always some really cool skooters and motorcycles in the two-wheeled parking area at PDX (which is also no charge to park at as long as you're outta town).......nice Yamaha Vinos, Suzuki Bergmans, BMW cycles, etc. Not really any Harley-Davidsons there at all....Harleys are for sheep and lemmings and people who haven't a single fucking original thought in ther heads! NOT very many of that sort in Portlandia!

So I look outta the corner of my eye, and see THIS. Right next to a killer Moto Guzzi......













Complete with a jackalope hood ornament.....













Now, I DESPISE flying into Denver from a westerly path.....turbulence leaving the mountains coming into the flatlands. Just a very unpleasant experience, especially if you aren't a good flyer. (And I DO NOT fly well...I clutch my seat and hyperventilate.....ask any friend or family whose ever flown with me) So, I land at DIA early Saturday Morning where a friend of mine fetches me, and we head directly from DIA to an early morning mimosa and pancake party (more mimosas than pancakes) at my friend Susan The Danser's house......













Proceeded to watch the Rox sweep Philadelphia, went up in the mountains to Central City the next day, and I flew back to Portlanda Monday Morning! Glad I wasn't able to get World Series tickets.....

Not really going anywhere forra while.....off to Albuquerque in a week, but that's about it. I snap anything cool....I'll let you know!!

-E-

No comments: