11 June 2007

Gay Day, Buffalo, NY 2007




Man, Gay Day is probably one of thee most fun times in Buffalo! Just love these pics. Took dozens but I'll try to suss out the best few of them for ya -














Do NOT stand....march instead!












.
Start of the parade.....Elmwood Avenue











.
Best seats in the city!













9 out of ten lesbians agree.....











.











.
THERE'S the beef.......












.
Gay bingo. Emmm-hmmm........











.
A car straight outta the Gay 40's......






.
.
.
.

.
Git Out and Move Her In!






.
.
.





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This really pissed me off. Fucking opportunistic morons!!! Jesus, these glad-handing politicians were nowhere to be found at this event four, five, six years ago, when it wasn't nearly as large as it is now. Today? They were all over the place!! Christ on a bike!!








.
.
.

THIS I couldn't figure out!! I mean, OK, I can understand State Liquor Authority regulations requiring you to be 21 years old or older to go under the "big tent".......but I do not recall seeing anything at all in New York State statute code anything about how the S.L.A. requires you to become a member of Pride Buffalo. Golly......









.
.


Cool tat....the Hiawatha Belt of the Haudenosaunee


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Generic Buffalo Pictures......










.


Yummy! Rock Salt!!! Ahhhh......Western New York Winters......
















But still......I mean, where else can you see houses like this. Shit, I lived a few blocks from this house for many, many years and I constantly paid it no mind.....ever.....

....guess you don't realise what you have got 'till you no longer have it.....













But oh wait! It's no longer a house....but rather it's been drawn-and-quartered into apartments. Damm.....and I bet you can snag a one-bedroom in the turret section on the top floor for less than $500 a month. Ahhhh.......sad, really. That same third-floor turret one-bedroom anywhere West of the Mississippi?? Try, like, $1000+ a month (in Portlandia, it'd probably go for $1350 or so a month.....Seattle? Like $1500+ a month)!!










.


And, finally, before I get TOO wistful.....I see this sign at Buffalo-Niagara Airport. And then realise that "...yes, Graduate, you too can plan your future in Buffalo-Niagara! Indeed....go ahead and plan on how you is gonna pay back $50G's or so in student loans on six bucks an hour!"

But still....they gave me a free hotel room at the Seneca Niagara......a Corner Jacuzzi Suite to boot!


Enjoy!!!


-E-

No comments: